Since 2004, the mission of AED Institute is to promote within the community, the science and education of early defibrillation and CPR. AED Institute is a national distributor of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) and AED accessories. We can assist you with everything you need to make your business, school or home, heart safe. From purchasing an AED, to training on the use and care of the AED, to maintenance and acquiring new accessories for all AEDs on the market today. We strive to provide all of clients the absolute best customer service. We want you to be ready to respond in the event of a medical or cardiac emergency.
Why choose AED Institute?
- AED Institute is a national company with more than 19 years of AED experience and responsible for saving 100s of lives.
- We offer competitive pricing and can price match when requested
- We carry most AED accessories in stock and can ship same day.
- We offer several different AED Readiness Programs to match your budget and to ensure your AEDs are always ready to use.
- You will not find a company team with more passion and expertise than the team at AED Institute.
We now have offices in California, Missouri, and Hawaii.
For our Southern California and Hawaii clients,
- An expert team member can schedule a site walk to determine how many AEDs you will need and where they should be placed for rapid access and use.
- We carry most AEDs and AED accessories in our Oahu office for quick and easy purchasing.
- We provide services to all islands, Oahu, Kauai, Big Island, and Maui, including Molokai and Lanai
- Our instructors can provide on-site CPR and AED training to your staff. We specialize in Scenario-based training for your specific location and industry.
Pamela Foster is a registered nurse who worked most of her career in a Southern California emergency department. In 2004, Pam launched her company, AED Institute of America, with a hope to educate the community and promote early bystander CPR and the use of automated external defibrillators (AED) in the public setting. To date AED Institute has implemented 1,000s of Public Access Defibrillation Programs with every type of AED and annually educates tens of thousands of citizens in the life saving skill of CPR. AED Institute is the largest distributor of AEDs on the West Coast and focuses on Hawaii, California, Washington state, American Samoa, and Guam.
In September 2006, Pam accepted a contract to implement one of our country’s most complex Public Access Defibrillation Programs, the State of Hawaii-Department of Transportation Airports Division AED Program, Operation Stay’N Alive. The Hawaii based AED program expands to thirteen airports on six islands and offers free training to any airport user. Operation Stay’N Alive has won both state and national awards for the success of the program.
In 2010 Pam turned her attention to teaching CPR to a new group of students: 5th graders. Kids4CPR, formerly Hawaii HEART Foundation, is a 501©3 non-profit organization with a mission to improve the survival rate of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) victims in Hawaii. Kids4CPR’s goal is to offer free hands-on CPR training to all students, teachers, parents, staff, anyone wanting to know the lifesaving skill. To date the foundation has trained for over 200,000 elementary school students at no cost to the schools. Pam knows “The children are our future, and they will turn the survival rates upside down.”
Pam has two additional local foundations she has helped launch, Big Wave Risk Assessment Group (BWRAG) and Heart Start Hawaii Foundation (HSHF). BWRAG teaches surf risk assessment, safety, and first aid plus CPR/AED to the big wave surfers and they in turn teach the skills around the world. HSHF raises funds to place AEDs in all public schools within Hawaii. To date HSHF has donated more than 52 AEDs to schools with many more to come.
Pam’s passion to save lives is contagious and with her team and instructors, they are leading the way to turn our survival rates upside down through educating the community and implementing AED Programs in all areas of life.