Position Recruitment: Training Site Coordinator and Lead Instructor Trainer
The mission of AED Institute is to promote within the community, the science and education of early defibrillation and CPR. We understand that our students are the heart of our community and by teaching them the simple steps to save lives will leave a big impact on our friends and families for generations to come. We want everyone, young and old, to be ready and to have the confidence to respond in the event of a cardiac emergency.
Our Core Training Values:
• Excellent customer service
• Lead by example
• Exceed expectations in everything we do
The Training Site Coordinator (TSC) will be responsible for the day to day operations of the training side of our organization. AED Institute offers American Heart Association, American Red Cross, and American Safety and Health Institute courses. We offer community, healthcare professional, and advanced courses of all levels. The TSC needs to be highly organized and a “people” person with excellent customer service skills, understand the importance of building long lasting relationships, and a strong desire to make a difference in our community.
As a Lead Instructor, this candidate will be responsible for instructing both new instructor courses and community courses. The Instructor will work directly with the Operations team to maintain AED Institute’s facilities and training equipment. This candidate will also attend client and vendor meetings as needed in order to maintain and grow AED Institute’s course offerings.
Core Competencies/Knowledge and Skills:
- Active listening. Candidate must be able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking the time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate
- Speaking clearly. Candidate must be able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Being able to communicate with all levels of students and instructors. Must be comfortable speaking in front of crowds and venues of all kinds.
- Service Orientation. Candidate must understand and be able to look for ways to help people and grow the training network.
- Reading Comprehension. Candidate must have the ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Computer Skills. Candidate must have a strong understanding of Apple and Mac computers, word documents, excel sheets, Google, and other internet programs.
- Critical Thinking. Candidate must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. We value a candidate that thinks out of the box and always looking for ways to improve services.
- Monitoring. Candidate must be able to assess the performance of themselves, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective actions.
- Time Management and Coordination of Tasks. Candidate must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize work by developing specific goals and plans to accomplish the work load. Ability to effectively transition from one task to the next while remaining cognizant of deadlines.
- Work Independently. While this position is a part of the Operations Team, much of the work and tasks will be independent and self-directed so candidate must be able to work and report weekly on status and outcomes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operations support and instruct courses based on policies and guidelines set forth by credentialing bodies and Training Centers.
- Act as Course Director, grow the current training network, market to new clients, expand contracts, and mentor new instructors
- Assist in managing and fulfilling client expectations based on service agreements.
- Schedule all classes and instructors for classes
- Organize and schedule equipment pick up and drop offs
- During COVID-classes will be virtual classes and will be scheduled through our Zoom links
- Be key team member for all course and class questions, emails, and phone calls.
- Input student data into our cloud program
- Students attendance
- Scanned copies of course records
- Training equipment management.
- Maintain and clean training equipment
- Recommend training equipment replacement and upgrades as needed
- Maintain training rooms in a clean and presentable manner including setup and teardown of classroom equipment
- Attend client meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability and availability to travel statewide as needed
Additional candidate qualities but not mandatory:
- Strong medical background: example; EMT, firefighter, nurse, or healthcare professional
- Past or current AHA, ARC, or ASHI instructor status
Potential future growth responsibility:
- Manage and direct operations for our Kids4CPR non-profit foundation
Part-time: Approximately 30 hours per week in the Oahu area.
Pay rate: TBD, negotiable. Bonus will be based on profitability of training program