AED Institute is a well-established company in Hawaii, and we strive to provide quality life-saving products, training, and exceptional customer service to our many clients! To continue to grow, we are looking to hire an enthusiastic, passionate Office Assistant who will be responsible for assisting our Operations Manager plus other key office personnel. This position will involve lots of varied and important duties. Attention to detail and flexibility in responsibilities will be mandatory skills needed for this new hire.
Office Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting with clerical tasks of data entry, filing, and maintaining client records
- Answering phones and fielding client questions to the right departments
- Welcoming visitors and students to our office
- Assisting with office supplies and inventories
- Scheduling meetings/inspections and sending meeting invites
- Sorting mail and packages, occasional deliveries to clients, assisting with shipping
- Assisting with miscellaneous office projects, mailings, and programs
- Assisting in different departments when needed
Additional and possible responsibilities could be:
- Assisting in our in-house classroom
- Growing and developing new programs
- Be able to lift 25#
- Have their own car
- Be able to pass a background check
- Strong computer skills, preferably Mac/Apple computer skills
AED Institute has been offering American Heart Association courses to the community for more than 15 years. We have a passion to educate the community plus healthcare providers in courses that offer the finest and most up to date knowledge in a non-threating manor. Education should be fun, interactive, and stimulating, not scary.
We teach our students to provide care to the ill or injured prior to and after hospital admission. ACLS and PALS Instructors provide lecture presentations, and skills instruction according to American Heart Association Community Training Center standards. Courses are provided for the general medical community at large.
Responsibilities include providing demonstrations, acting as a student advocate in the learning process, creating an active learning environment, ensuring course requirements, and objectives are met, assisting in the development of educational objectives as well as testing methods, and other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time position, 10-20 hours per week, varying schedule but mostly 8-2:00pm, weekdays
- Current license as a paramedic, registered nurse, medical doctor, or respiratory therapist
- A minimum of one year of clinical working experience,
- A minimum of one year of relevant teaching experience preferred but not mandatory
- Current AHA Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (CPR) certification, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provider and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) provider certifications. Instructor certifications not mandatory but beneficial.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work both independently and in a team setting, be able to follow through with minimal direction, and be available to work weekdays and/or weekends.
- Valid unrestricted driver license and be able to drive vehicle to possible offsite locations.
- Applicants must have good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times, more than 25 pounds.
- The work can involve very heavy lifting (25 pounds manikins frequently, no maximum) and involves climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing (including the ability to perceive differences in colors, shades, or harmonious combinations or to match colors is required).
We can teach you to teach ACLS and PALS, you must have a passion to educate and develop the skills of potential responders.
Apply for a future position!
AED Institute is always interested in talented professionals for all positions within our company. We offer many different opportunities for career growth and advancement. If you did not see a position that matches your qualifications and desired career path, please feel free to complete this application to be considered for a future position with our company. Provide as much information as possible to highlight your skills and talents.
• Specific job qualifications will vary by position
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Computer proficiency